Supplier Diversity Program
SUPPLIER DIVERSITY INITIATIVE
American States Utility Services, Inc. (ASUS) supports and upholds the intents and goals of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) initiative to ensure small businesses are given a fair and equal opportunity to bid on, win and be awarded subcontracts with U.S. Government prime contractors. ASUS Supplier Diversity efforts reflect its commitment to expand opportunities to all small businesses. ASUS further assumes the obligations imposed by this Program and in accordance with the descriptions within Public Law 95-507, Public Law 99-661, Public Law 100-180 and FAR Clause 52.219-9.
It is the intention of ASUS to continually pursue subcontracting opportunities with Small Businesses, Small Disadvantaged Businesses, Women-Owned Businesses, Small Business concerns located in Historically Underutilized Business Zones, Veteran-Owned Small Businesses and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses through its Supplier Diversity Initiative. Responsible, responsive and qualified small business concerns shall be provided the maximum practical opportunity to participate in subcontracts awarded by American States Utility Services, Inc.
The goals of the ASUS’s Supplier Diversity Subcontracting Program are to:
- Add value to the Corporation by utilizing a diverse base of suppliers;
- Promote opportunities for all responsible, responsive small business concerns;
- Establish positive working relationships with qualified small businesses and make good faith efforts to meet client contract requirements on small business objectives;
- Demonstrate our commitment to meeting diverse supplier base and small business goals on all of our federal contracts;
- Help carry out the socioeconomic mission that the Supplier Diversity and Small Business Programs are designed to accomplish;
- Build awareness throughout the organization of the contributions that successful small businesses can make to the vitality of our economy. ASUS’s Supplier Diversity Program extends these commitments to every part of the company and the effort encompasses all procurement activities. The success of the initiative requires the participation and support of every employee in seeking out the providing procurement opportunities to Small Business Concerns.
ACTIONS THAT LEAD TO RESULTS
The expectation is that our successful Supplier Diversity Initiative will be demonstrated by the following actions and results:
- Achieve or exceed corporate goals of expenditures made with small business concerns
- Utilization of ASUS’s Small Business Set Aside Procedure to promote additional awards to responsible, responsive and qualified small businesses
- Continued participation by ASUS’s Subsidiaries in Supplier Diversity initiatives, such as Small Business Training, Trade Shows and networking activities
- Involvement in local SBA/Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)/Small Business Development Center conferences, forums, and other activities to provide information and access to ASUS procurement opportunities
- Annual Subcontractor Training Sessions – these sessions are held in the spring and fall at each ASUS location to provide fact to face opportunity for small business subcontractors to lea of new requirements, meet local decision-makers, and build relationships
- Increase small business awareness of ASUS procurement opportunities – posting bids to SUB-NET; and quarterly communication to small businesses of upcoming projects
- Acknowledge and recognize individuals for outstanding achievements in the area of Supplier Diversity